"Michigan State Championship"
Saturday July 15th
10:00am to 3:00pm
The Amateur competition is a
mixed team/solo event intended as a venue for beginning
or advanced amateurs and is open to all levels except
Masters and Professionals.
AMATEURS!!! REGISTRATION NOTICE!!
NEW THIS YEAR - YOU CAN
ADVANCE PRE-REGISTER BY EMAILING
info@Bluewatersandfest.com . ADVANCE
PRE-REGISTRATION ENDS Thursday July 6th.
REMEMBER, SPACE IS LIMITED!!!
Registration is also available at SandFest on
Friday, July 14th from 10:00am to 6:00pm, and on
Saturday, July 15th from 9:00am to 9:45am.
• Saturday July 15th - 10:00am to 3:00pm
• Registration starts at 9:00am and ends at 9:45am
• Judging begins at 3:00pm sharp
• Award Ceremony (see schedule)
Attention: only registered sculptors will be allowed into the event site prior to event opening..
• Children Up to age 8
• Children 9 to 12 years
• Families/Groups - (maximum 6 per team)
• Businesses (maximum 6 per team)
• Solo 13 to 17 years
• Solo Adult above 18 years
• All work will be done using only the sand in your assigned, 10’ x 10’ plot with approx. 2 yards of sand.
• Nothing may be added to the sand except water.
• No power equipment, screw guns or machinery are allowed in your plot.
• No templates or molds are allowed when sculpting.
• Only registered team members are allowed inside of your plot.
• All tools and personal items must not block spectator aisles.
• Absolutely no glue is allowed.
• Ours is a family-oriented event; the organizers, sponsors and public feel strongly that sculptures should
not include anything that would commonly be considered offensive.
• Umbrellas, tents or other shade devices may not be used.
• Anyone working before the start time or after the stop time will be disqualified.
• All forms must be removed and all compacted sand must be sculpted or otherwise altered by hand once the
forms are removed. Contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify any sculptures that are obviously unfinished.
• Only water and the sand from within the assigned plots may be used to create the sculptures.
• Only naturally occurring, and biodegradable items found on the beach that day such as seaweed and
shells may be used for decoration.
• No artificial color, paint, flour, sugar cement or adhesives of any type may be used.
• The decisions of the judges are final.
• The start time is 10:00am and the stop time is 3:00pm (5 hours total). Judging will begin promptly at 3:00.
• Contestants must provide all their own buckets and shovels, carving tools etc.
• Contestants will get their water from water containers located near the sculpting plots.
$10.00 per sculptor (entry fee includes one day event pass)
• 1st – 3rd in each category